Hello! A nice copy/paste from BurningToad's usual posts! (He's out today.)
We are ready for R59 QA testing! The first build number is 750.
One thing we are particularly interested in having tested currently is being able to damage NPCs while they can not reach you. You should not be able to do this, please let us know if you can!
Please report all bugs in our R59 QA bug forum here:
You can also provide general non-bug feedback here:
When we publish new QA versions, I will post in this thread so that you know there are new things to test!
Those of you new to testing on the QA Server please note the following:
- Do not post screenshots or video outside of the QA forums (or QA on Discord) of anything from the QA server.
- The same Rules of Conduct apply on the QA server as they do on Live.
- The QA server is an early snapshot of the upcoming release, which means the build on that server is going to be broken and incomplete. That is why we need your help!
- We usually copy over data (your character for example) from the Live server to the QA server, which means when you login you will see your Live character. Any changes or progress made on the QA server will NOT affect your Live server character.
- To report bugs for QA, please use the /devbug chat command, which will link you to the appropriate QA bug forum. While the Bug button and /Bug chat command still work, they will direct you to the Live bug forums for the previous Live release.
- (This will be done closer to R58 release) The draft of the instructions (to be posted in the R58 QA Feedback forum by Starr) you will see early on may include items that won’t actually make the release or conversely it won’t included items that will make the release. In other words the early draft of the instructions will be an early draft.
Here are instructions on how to download and install QA builds:
You can play by downloading a new SotA Launcher(QA) installer to download a separate QA copy of the game. It exists independently from the regular live version of the game and installs to a separate folder. Alternatively, after the links, there are instructions to play using Steam instead.
Mac: https://d2sx9mrt4zumaq.cloudfront.net/Installers/Shroud of the Avatar - Installer(QA) 1.1.0.pkg
Linux Package: https://d2sx9mrt4zumaq.cloudfront.net/Installers/shroud-of-the-avatar-launcher-qa_1.1.0_amd64.deb
Linux tar.gz: https://d2sx9mrt4zumaq.cloudfront.net/Installers/shroud-of-the-avatar-launcher-qa_1.1.0.tar.gz
If you want to play through Steam:
WARNING: Playing both the normal and QA versions through Steam could use up to 7 GB of data download via steam each time you move back and forth between versions.
To install the QA client via Steam, follow these instructions:
- Right click on the game in your game library
- Go to Properties
- Click on the tab at the top that says BETAS
- Enter the beta access code "SotAQATesting" and hit Check Code.
- Select "qaclient" from the dropdown menu
- Steam will switch the install to the new branch
- To return to playing the normal client, follow these instructions:
- Go back to the properties beta tab and select "none - opt out of all beta programs" and it will switch you back to the normal install.